Many of the dangers our societies face, as well as their solutions, will be regional and even global in nature. As we advance philanthropic goals in our own communities, we are poised to foster learning partnerships and share best practices with the rest of the continent’s expanding philanthropic community. What institutions are in place to harvest and share best practices, transfer knowledge, and both expand and enhance the strategic nature of philanthropy in Africa? Are there opportunities for shared learning and partnership that have yet to be seized? This session will explore the pathways to advancing and expanding philanthropy throughout the continent.
- Barbara Ibrahim, Founding Director, John D. Gerhart Center for Philanthropy and Civic Engagement
- Halima Mahomed, Philanthropy Program Advisor, TrustAfrica
- Bhekinkosi Moyo, Deputy Executive Director, Southern Africa Trust
- Mohamadou Sy, Director, Institut Supérieur du Développement Local (ISDL)
- Moderator: Mwihaki Kimura Muraguri, Associate Director, Rockefeller Foundation