Adopt-a-School model of Whole School Development
The Adopt-a-School Foundation identifies the characteristics of a healthy school as:
- Well-developed, accountable and supportive leadership with an established and clear vision and for the future of the school
- Dedicated and committed educators.
- Clean and well-maintained surroundings and facilities with all necessary resources.
- Good relationships and coordinated interventions with different stakeholders.
- Demonstrates improved learner performance and has an excellent pass rate (80% – 100%).
- Safe, healthy and happy environment which promotes human dignity.
- Dedicated, committed and accountable school community which promotes the long-term sustainability of the school.